Dubai, a melting pot of cultures and flavors, serves as a gastronomic haven for lovers of Indian cuisine. The city’s culinary landscape beautifully showcases a diverse range of Indian breakfast options, each dish a delightful journey into the rich and varied tapestry of India’s culinary traditions. From the traditional to the contemporary, here’s a guide to the best Indian breakfasts in Dubai that promise to tantalize your taste buds and transport you to the streets of Delhi, Mumbai, and beyond.
1. Masala Dosa:
- Let’s begin our culinary expedition with the iconic Masala Dosa. A South Indian favorite, this crispy rice crepe is filled with a spiced potato mixture and typically served with coconut chutney and tangy sambar. Head to popular South Indian eateries in Dubai to savor the authentic flavors of this beloved breakfast classic.
- For a light and flavorful breakfast option, delve into the simplicity of Poha. This dish features flattened rice cooked with mustard seeds, turmeric, and peas, creating a delicate balance of spices. Often garnished with coriander and a squeeze of fresh lemon, Poha is a popular choice for those seeking a wholesome start to their day.
3. Chole Bhature:
- Indulge your taste buds with the North Indian delight of Chole Bhature. Spicy chickpeas (chole) are paired with deep-fried bread (bhature), creating a hearty and satisfying breakfast that resonates with the vibrant street food culture of India. Look for authentic Indian eateries to experience this flavorful combination.
4. Aloo Paratha:
- Experience the warmth of a traditional North Indian breakfast with Aloo Paratha. These stuffed flatbreads, filled with spiced mashed potatoes, are best enjoyed with a dollop of yogurt, pickles, and a generous pat of butter. Seek out restaurants or cafes that specialize in North Indian cuisine for an authentic Aloo Paratha experience.
5. Idli Sambar:
- Delight in the soft and fluffy goodness of Idli Sambar, a popular South Indian breakfast choice. The steamed rice cakes, served with aromatic sambar (a lentil-based vegetable stew) and coconut chutney, offer a harmonious blend of textures and flavors. Dubai’s diverse culinary scene ensures you can find this South Indian staple in various eateries across the city.
- Kickstart your day with Upma, a savory semolina porridge that’s quick, nutritious, and packed with flavor. Commonly cooked with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and vegetables, Upma is a comfort food that reflects the versatility of South Indian cuisine. Many Indian restaurants in Dubai offer Upma as part of their breakfast menu.
7. Misal Pav:
- Spice up your morning with the Maharashtrian delight of Misal Pav. This flavorful dish features sprouted lentils in a spicy gravy, garnished with onions, coriander, and served with pav (bread). Seek out restaurants specializing in Maharashtrian cuisine to experience the authentic taste of Misal Pav in Dubai.
8. Kachori with Aloo Sabzi:
- Dive into the delightful world of Kachori with Aloo Sabzi. These flaky, deep-fried pastries filled with spiced lentils or peas are paired with a tangy potato curry. This North Indian breakfast option is a treat for those craving a burst of flavors in every bite.
- Explore the light and spongy texture of Dhokla, a steamed fermented cake made from rice and chickpea flour. Dhokla is often garnished with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and coriander, creating a visually appealing and tasty breakfast option. Look for Indian eateries in Dubai that specialize in Gujarati cuisine to savor this dish.